Friday, December 7, 2007

Like Little Husk-Wrapped Gifts from Heaven


I love tamales. I love tamales. I LOVE tamales. I LOVE tamales! I LOVE Tamales!



But especially the homemade ones. They are lovely, and fresh, and wrapped inside a cornhusk, with all kinds of yummy masa, and meat, and a green olive (or if you're lucky, two) inside!

Red tamales are awesome, but a good green-corn tamale is just about as good as it gets...blissful!

I am pretty sure that tamales are little presents of joy sent straight from heaven. They are wrapped (just like a present), they make you feel oh-so-good inside (just like a good present), and have even more inside than you expect (like a really, really good present).

See...I told you they are like little, heavenly gifts!

In case you were wondering, if I ever need to choose a "last meal", tamales would be it. Well, maybe tamales with a big ol' helping of Italian: mezzaluna with a sun-dried tomato sauce would be perfect. Ummmm, ahora tengo hambre (oh, good, my Spanish class is finally coming in handy)!