Sunday, December 4, 2011

Marriage Requires Commitment. Of Course, So Does Insanity.


Today is our 12th Anniversary. The most important lesson I have learned? Marriage requires commitment. Of course, so does insanity.  But I love my husband more now than I did then. He is the husband, father, and friend that I prayed for and my heart is filled with gratitude for all that he is and all that he does.

A lot of things have changed in the last 12 years, but the one thing that has remained an ever-present constant is that there is no one else I would rather spend my life with than my husband. It’s been fun. It’s been hard. But most of all, it’s been an adventure.

We’ve laughed a lot. And cried a little (admittedly,one of us much, much more than the other).  But together, we’ve learned what it really means to love someone for better or for worse. It’s been more than I could have hoped for or imagined. And I wouldn’t have missed it for the world.

He’s still the one.