Monday, November 12, 2007

Reasons To Wake Up Before 6:13 AM, Reason #31

6:30 am: Walk into bathroom to wash face.

6:30:23 am: Faint smell of something...what is that?

6:30:29 am: Really, what IS that...I know that smell but can't seem to place it. Weird.

6:31 am: Do a lightning-speed flip through the little rolodex of odors in my head. Cleaning product? No - not strong enough. Toothpaste. No - not sweet enough. Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm. No - not minty enough. It is more chemical, more...

6:31:10 am: Then I look down. Oh - nail polish...that's the smell that absolutely does not belong in my bathroom at 6:30 am. In "Rose to the Occasion" pink. On my ceramic tile floor. With a little trail leading out to the hallway. Awesome.

6:31:19 am: Follow the bright pink trail of lacquer to the second bathroom where a little girl is frantically scrubbing her tiny little fingers with a tiny little piece of toilet paper covered in a whole bunch of Kandoo Jungle Fruits soap - extra foamy. Fantastic.

6:31:23 am: Process a plan of action to clean the streaks of "Rose to the Occasion" (and boy did she ever) off of her legs, her stomach, her face, fingers, and toes at a time of the morning when I can hardly manage the monumental task of actually removing myself from my down comforter that is oh so comfy...

6:31:30: A sponge bath with nail polish remover ought to do the trick. That and training myself to wake up before Brynn. Her internal alarm clock (which she never, ever hits the snooze button on) goes off at 6:13 am - everyday, rain or shine, late-to-bed or not - it's amazing! But early. Early.




I have to give the diva some credit where credit is due, however. She did manage to remove the nail polish cap without spilling it all over the floor (otherwise, this story would have a dramatically different tone). And if you look close, she did a fairly decent job of full coverage on her nails.

And the cuticles. And in between the fingers and toes...